GUIDLINES TO MINIMIZE TRANSMISSION OF THE FLU
• If you or a family member has a fever, sore throat, or a runny nose, is coughing or sneezing , stay home.
• Wash hands / use gel frequently (everywhere, church included).
• Observe other highly publicized measures to prevent the mechanical spread of the virus and to maintain immunity.
• Get flu shots as soon as possible (especially children, pregnant
women, those with chronic conditions).
• Consider passing the peace through eye-contact, a word, a gesture.
• Refrain from dipping bread into the wine chalice. Remember that consuming bread only or wine only = a full communion.
• Cross arms over chest if you do not wish to receive wine from the cup.
• Use gel with brisk hand friction over all hand and finger surfaces
until hands are dry before assisting with bread-breaking.
Be assured that:
• The clergy, staff and flu ad-hoc advisory team will be monitoring the progress of the flu in the area and will advise the congregation
of additional measures to take should the need arise.
• Your needs, observations, concerns and comments are
always welcome. Direct these to any clergy, staff or advisory team member*.
*Advisory team members: Jocelyn Anthony, Allison Ballantine, M.D.,
Dick Dupuis, M.D. Jack and Roxane Coleman, Jean McConnell, R.N.,
Joan Mechlin, R.N., Art Misero, R.N., Jan Oliver, R.N., Carol Sudtlegte, R.N., Jennifer Weinstein, R.N. and Paula Wineland, M.D.